Learn more about leadership and culture
Jo Marshall joined Programmed over 4 years ago after over 15 years in leadership roles across a number of other industries. She is passionate about building strong working cultures and has implemented major structural and cultural change in teams ranging in size from 10 to over 200.
Date: Tuesday, 18th October 2016
Time: 9:00am arrival for 9:30am start; light lunch to follow
Venue: Mt Osmond Golf Club
Presented by Jo Marshall
General Manager, Programmed Property Services
Content will include:
- Leadership and cultural time line – A snapshot of key changes in history and how these have translated in the workplace
- What does today look like?
- Common challenges in leadership
- What is Culture? Why does it matter?
- The ‘difference’ debate – everyone seems to have a problem these days
- Leadership styles – Authentic vs traditional leadership
- Unconscious bias
- Self leadership – how do we manage everyone else if we are struggling to manage ourselves
- The poisonous apples – managing conflict (both employee and member)
- The power of accountability
- Actions and accountability plans
About Jo Marshall
Jo Marshall joined Programmed over 4 years ago after over 15 years in leadership roles across a number of other industries. She is passionate about building strong working cultures and has implemented major structural and cultural change in teams ranging in size from 10 to over 200. Jo has a Bachelor of Business and is an accredited executive coach in the Intercept Model. She has a very strong commitment to wellbeing in the workplace and has presented to and coached many people towards better wellbeing and balance in their professional lives, both in her team and also through the other speaking/mentoring that she does at the community level and as a value add to Programmed clients.
Jo currently sits on the Western Industry Leaders Group which exists to bring Industry perspective to State Government Employment and Job Creation Strategies and has also worked closely with the Equal Opportunity Commissioner on a couple of projects around diversity in leadership.
In order to better serve our GMASA members, your Executive is seeking your feedback on a number of matters relating to GMASA activities and support, and your involvement in the association.
GMASA will be holding a Professional Development Session for members on Tuesday, 18th October 2016 at Mt Osmond Golf Club. The topic will be Leadership & Club Culture and will be presented by Jo Marshall, General Manager of Programmed Property Services.
The annual Managers & Professionals Golf Day is being held at The Vines Golf Club on Thursday, 17th November 2016.
David Brand and Paul Duregon from the Glenelg Golf Club have claimed victory in the GMASA Challenge event on Friday, 23rd June at the Royal Adelaide Golf Club.